"Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body"
~ Richard Steele ~

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Flipping

Trying a new adventure...Flipping a lesson. I am in the early stages of this plan. My first roadblock was trying to figure out how to do a video for modeling reading strategies. I wanted to demonstrate the process of "determining importance". First, I needed to find an article that was a PDF to upload to the app on Explain Everything for the Ipad. I still am not sure if this is the best route yet to modeling reading strategies, but I will continue to explore. The app was easy and the only glitch was how to look back and forth between areas on the sheet. I made the mistake of turning the Ipad, thinking I could view the document in landscape. The problem was that the video ended up sideways. After several hours of trial and error...I embedded the video on my google site.

No comments:

Post a Comment