"Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body"
~ Richard Steele ~

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Arrival - Space Academy

Arrived today in Huntsville Alabama. Representatives in blue jumpsuits were waiting at the airport to take us to the campus in the bus. What a welcoming group. Each of us who came in from the Midwest introduced ourselves and shared stories on what we expected to happen.  I know I need to work on my packing skills after lifting a 42 pound suitcase on the bus.

I had my first glimpse of the Space and Rocket Center when we went over to dinner. This is definitely something to see if you have the least amount of interest in space. Tomorrow brings an orientation, icebreakers, shuttle orientation, facilities tour, rocketry workshop, astronaut speaker, mission patch, and media time. Can't wait to get into my jumpsuit for photos.


No comments:

Post a Comment