"Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body"
~ Richard Steele ~

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Honeywell Space Academy


Excited...absolutely
Nervous...check
Ready for an adventure and willing to try anything.

I know how students feel when they enter school for the first time. Questions are running through my head about what I will be trying that is new to me. I am wondering if I will be able to meet the challenge. I can relate to what it must be like for students. A reality check is always good to keep my teaching in perspective.

I leave tomorrow for Huntsille, Alabama. I have read everything available about Space Camp to better prepare myself for this event. The testimonies of others build up the excitement when I read how this week will change me.

I have set goals for myself. Goals push me to get out of my comfort zone.

1. Be willing to try anything and remain positive, even when something appears difficult.
2. Experience the moments...the sights..the people...the challenges
3. Soak up all the information I can so I can bring it back to share with colleagues and students.

I am thankful to Honeywell for allowing me to go to Educators Space Academy.


"204 teachers from 27 countries, including 144 from 43 U.S. states and territories, who will attend one of two five-day programs, offered over consecutive weeks from June 11-24. This year HESA celebrates its 10th anniversary. Over the past decade, HESA has awarded scholarships to 2,176 teachers (1,696 from the U.S.) from 55 countries and 52 U.S. states and territories. These teachers have continued to leverage their experiences at HESA at an exponential rate over the past 10 years, reaching more than 2 million students around the globe."

No comments:

Post a Comment